Need more information about the National Disability Insurance Scheme – Read all about the latest roll out updates issued on the NDIS website – 1 January 2018.
Article snapshot included:
- From 01 January 2018 people with disability in new regions and age groups in three states across Australia will be eligible to access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), improving the lives of people with disability across Australia.
- New roll out areas to include:
- Tasmania – people aged 29 to 34 years old
- Queensland – people living in the Rockhampton, Gladstone and west to the borders regions of Queensland
- South Australia – people aged 18 to 64 years in Eyre Western, Far North, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island, Southern Adelaide, Yorke and Mid North regions.
- Statistics on the number of people under the NDIS when fully implemented in the new rollout areas, with expectations to include:
- 10,600 people with disability in Tasmania,
- 4,900 people in the Rockhampton, Gladstone and west to the borders region of Queensland,
- 32,300 people across South Australia.
- Approximately 460,000 people will participate in the NDIS across Australia nationally by 2020.
FULL NDIS UPDATE ARTICLE – Click Here